Injuries resulting from your employment are considered work-related injuries. Some are easy to identify and difficult to refute. They typically have a sudden onset and are obviously painful. But there are other, harder to identify work-related injuries that still provide grounds for a viable worker’s compensation claim. If you have one of these injuries, it’s particularly important to choose an experienced Milwaukee work injury attorney who can investigate and prove your case.
For skilled counsel, call (414) 240-1185. Your initial consultation is confidential and free!
Examples of Common Workplace Accidents & Injuries
As the oldest worker’s compensation law firm in Wisconsin, we have litigated every type of claim imaginable. Using highly skilled experts and trusted trial techniques, it’s no wonder we enjoy a reputation of success. Through the decades, we have dealt with virtually every type of work injury.
Common workplace accidents that may require worker’s compensation include:
- Lower back injuries
- Herniated disks from falling or lifting
- Serious spinal cord injury from car and truck accidents
- Rotator cuff tears
- Bursitis from overhead work, lifting, and pushing heavy loads
Knee and ankle injuries
- Slip and fall accidents
- Heavy lifting
- Automobile accidents
Wrist and elbow pain
- Carpal tunnel
- Cubital tunnel
- Ulnar nerve inflammation
Traumatic brain injury
- Serious car accidents
- Defective machinery
Asthma and bronchitis
- Exposure to substances in the workplace that may or may not be toxic
Cancer, asbestosis, and mesothelioma
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and dangerous products such as asbestos (the difficulty with these claims is that the exposure may have occurred decades before the illness surfaces)
- Heart attacks in high-stress jobs that alternate between sedentary activity and sudden strenuous exertion
- Mental breakdowns and even suicide, in highly selective situations
Even if you suffered from one of these conditions before sustaining a work-related accident, you may be entitled to compensation if your job worsened the pain or damage. Make sure you have a competent Milwaukee work injury attorney at your side throughout the legal process.
Construction Site Accident Help in Milwaukee, WI
Construction site accidents are an extremely common type of work-related injury. With all the heavy machinery, unpredictable weather conditions, and heights, the potential for a mishap is immeasurable.
Common causes of construction-site accidents are:
- Ladder and scaffolding falls
- Defective machinery
- Falling objects
- Uncovered holes or trenches
- Lifting or straining
- Construction vehicle accidents
- Collapsed roofs
Our attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of construction site accidents and all types of on-the-job injuries in Milwaukee and across Wisconsin. We have been serving our clients’ legal needs for over 100 years and are prepared to put our experience to work for you.
Call (414) 240-1185 today for help with a work injury matter. We can walk you through your legal options. Hablamos Español.