A home burns down because of a defective space heater. A child suffers serious injuries because of a dangerous toy. A man is disabled from using a faulty piece of machinery. These are the kinds of tragic circumstances that make the news. If such tragedy has happened to you, you may have legal recourse through a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer.
In our many decades of service to injured people, the Milwaukee product liability lawyers at The Previant Law Firm, S.C. have handled thousands of personal injury cases and wrongful death claims. During your initial consultation, we can help you decide whether to pursue your claim in court or attempt negotiations.
To discuss your options and what your case may be worth, call (414) 240-1185 to arrange a free consultation.
Examples of Product Liability Cases
Every day we use hundreds of products, such as hair dryers, playground equipment, and automobiles. We expect them to be safe, and most of them are — but hundreds of people are injured every year by defective products or products with a faulty design. If you or someone you know suffered an injury from a product that may have a defective component, design or structure, our Milwaukee product liability attorneys want to know about it.
We’ve worked with clients who have been the victims of:
- SUV rollovers
- Defective tires that explode, shred, or have tread separation
- Defective seatbelts or airbags
- Defective machinery causing workplace injuries
- Faulty wiring in kitchen appliances
- Toxic household cleansers or laundry detergents
- Defective medical devices
- Dangerous pharmaceuticals
Injuries from defective and dangerous products include fires and burns, amputations, electrical shock, explosions, suffocation, and even death. Our attorneys take meticulous care to examine every possible angle for the cause of your injury. If we can prove the product was defective, we may be able to help you.
Understanding Product Liability Lawsuits in Wisconsin
If you were seriously injured or a loved one passed away as a result of a defective product, you may be able to seek compensation in court for lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
You may be able to file a product liability claim under one of the following categories:
- Strict products liability. Because some products are inherently dangerous, the courts hold the manufacturer strictly liable for any injury. Your attorney only has to prove the product caused the injury.
- Negligence. Under the negligence standard, the court must be satisfied that the manufacturer owed you a duty of reasonable safety, that this duty was breached, and that the breach caused you harm.
- Breach of warranty. Where a warranty is involved, a manufacturer may be held liable if the terms of the warranty were not fulfilled.
Don’t assume that your injury was your fault or that it occurred because you may have used the product improperly. The law requires manufacturers to install certain safety features to prevent injuries, including accidental ones.
We Are Here to Help You
At The Previant Law Firm, S.C., our Milwaukee product liability attorneys have helped injured people achieve successful results in personal injury cases for decades. Our firm was established in 1912, and we have since secured outstanding results across a range of practice areas. Our many verdicts and settlements speak to our success on behalf of seriously injured clients. Our goal in negotiations and in the courtroom is to get you the maximum compensation you need and deserve for your injuries.
Contact our firm today at (414) 240-1185.