Premises liability law allows you to sue property owners, property managers, government agencies, and security companies for unsafe conditions on their property. Of course, it’s not possible to make every property completely safe, and people must take reasonable precautions (especially in icy Wisconsin winters), but store and business owners, landlords, and homeowners are required to take action to correct known defects that may cause injury.
If property owners and managers fail to take reasonable safety precautions with their property—such as putting up a warning sign alerting visitors about wet floors—then they may be held liable to compensate someone for accidents and personal injury.
Common forms of premises liability include:
- Slip / trip & fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Negligent / lack of security
- Attractive nuisance
Your dedicated Milwaukee premises liability attorneys at The Previant Law Firm, S.C. have more than 100 years of experience representing clients across Wisconsin. We are prepared to put our considerable experience and resources to work for you as we fight for fair compensation after a slip and fall accident, assault, or other serious incident that occurred on another’s property.
Contact us online or call (414) 240-1185 today for a FREE review of your potential premises liability case.
Trusted Advocates for Victims of Dangerous Conditions
The phrase “slip and fall accident” doesn’t seem too serious until you’ve suffered one. In fact, experienced premises liability lawyers know that slip, trip, or fall accidents can be very serious, even fatal. Hundreds of Wisconsin residents and workers suffer back injuries and broken bones every year because of slip and fall and other accidents in poorly maintained buildings or dangerous premises.
If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, or if these resemble your accident, then contact a Milwaukee premises liability attorney to discuss your entitlement to compensation:
- Did you suffer head or neck injuries when merchandise fell on you in a warehouse store?
- Did you fall down stairs because of a frayed carpet, a broken or missing handrail, or burned-out light bulbs in a stairwell?
- Did you slip on built-up ice around a doorway or water that pooled under a leaking ceiling?
- Were you injured by a defective elevator or escalator?
- Were you assaulted in a secure apartment complex that wasn’t under proper surveillance?
- Did your child suffer a near-drowning or a drowning in a pool that he or she should never have been able to access but for a broken lock or missing gate?
Bringing a Premises Liability Lawsuit in Wisconsin
Our Milwaukee attorneys have handled many slip and fall and other premises liability cases in our nearly 100 years of service to the people of Southern Wisconsin. With access to experienced investigators and medical specialists, we’re always prepared to enter the courtroom or negotiations with solid evidence to support our case.
Our lawyers investigate each case to determine who is responsible, even when there is more than one guilty party. We advance all legal fees, including the costs of expert witnesses, until you are awarded compensation.
Get experienced legal help after a slip and fall or any type of premises liability accident. Call (414) 240-1185 today!