At The Previant Law Firm, S.C., we are committed to providing quality legal counsel and advocacy that secures financial compensation for seriously injured people. With more than a century of legal service and a multitude of verdicts and settlements to our credit, we have earned a reputation for aggressive representation when negotiating with insurance companies and in the courtroom.
After a serious injury, you may be shaken and confused about what exactly happened at the time of the accident. Our dedicated Milwaukee personal injury lawyers help you recall important information and develop a legal strategy to walk you through the case from beginning to end. If you deserve compensation, we fight tenaciously to get it.
To discuss your case with a skilled professional, call (414) 240-1185. Your consultation is free.
What Is a Personal Injury?
When someone’s careless actions lead to your being hurt or to the wrongful death of a loved one, you may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. A successful lawsuit can help ease the burden of medical bills, lost wages, and more.
The primary elements of a personal injury are:
- Another party (a person or company)
- Negligence or recklessness
- Serious physical harm or injury
- Causation linking negligence to injury
Examples of Common Personal Injuries
Our Milwaukee personal injury attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
- Car accidents. Incredibly common, car accidents are usually caused by a defect in the car or a negligent or reckless driver. Operating a car unreasonably includes speeding, swerving, and driving while intoxicated.
- Motorcycle accidents. Extremely vulnerable to injury in traffic accidents, motorcyclists who are injured due to another’s wrongdoing may be entitled to compensation for their injuries.
- Premises liability. The law requires homeowners and shopkeepers to offer a reasonably safe environment for visitors and business customers. Examples of common premises liability issues are broken stairs, slippery floors, and poor lighting.
- Product liability. The manufacturer of a product has a duty to provide a safe product or to properly warn consumers about a potential danger. Product liability ranges from toys to car parts.
- Medical malpractice. Medical malpractice cases involve any action or omission by a healthcare provider that leaves the patient worse off because of the treatment, misdiagnosis, incorrect prescription, or omission.
- Catastrophic injury. Catastrophic injury includes brain and spinal injuries. These cases usually involve a large financial award because of the significant effect on the victim’s quality of life.
- Nursing home negligence and abuse. If you entrusted your elderly relative to the hands of a nursing home and injury resulted, we want to hold the institution accountable for their actions.
- Wrongful death. If someone you love passed away because of another person’s negligence or recklessness, you may be entitled to compensation in their name. We have years of experience successfully pursuing wrongful death claims.
Concerned About the Cost of Hiring a Lawyer?
Our firm handles all personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. There is no charge for your lawyer’s time unless we secure a financial recovery for you. Unlike many other firms, we will advance the costs of your case along the way. At the end of your case, we receive one third of the recovery you make plus reimbursement of costs.
No matter the circumstances surrounding your case, our Milwaukee personal injury attorneys are committed to providing quality legal service that maximizes your financial compensation. With more than 100 years of legal service and a multitude of verdicts and settlements to our credit, we have earned a reputation for aggressive representation during negotiation with insurance companies and in the courtroom.
If you or someone you know requires the assistance of an experienced personal injury lawyer, call (414) 240-1185. We offer flexible appointment scheduling and can meet with you in our office, your home, or the hospital. Hablamos Español.