At The Previant Law Firm, S.C., we are committed to providing quality legal counsel and advocacy that secures financial compensation for people who have been seriously injured due to another party's negligence.
With more than 100 years of legal service and a multitude of verdicts and settlements to our credit, we have earned a reputation for aggressive representation when negotiating with insurance companies and in the courtroom. Have you been injured in an accident in Milwaukee, WI? We could help you, too!
Call (414) 240-1185 or contact us online to discuss your case with a skilled professional. Your consultation is FREE!
What Is a "Personal Injury?"
When someone’s careless actions lead to you being hurt, you may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. A successful lawsuit can help ease the burden of medical bills, lost wages, and more. You can also file a wrongful death lawsuit if your loved one was killed in a similar accident.
The Primary Elements of a Personal Injury Case Are:
- Another party (a person or company)
- Negligence or recklessness
- Serious physical harm or injury
- Causation linking the negligence to the injury
Examples of Common Personal Injuries
Our Milwaukee personal injury attorneys handle a variety of cases, including:
- Bicycle Accidents – Negligent drivers cause serious personal injuries to cyclists every year. Whether you were cut off by a vehicle, side-swiped, "doored," or hit in an intersection, we can help you fight for the compensation you need.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical malpractice cases involve any action or omission by a healthcare provider that leaves the patient worse off because of the treatment, misdiagnosis, incorrect prescription, or omission.
- Catastrophic Injury – Catastrophic injury includes brain and spinal injuries. These cases usually involve a large financial award because of the significant effect on the victim’s quality of life.
- RV Accidents- Wisconsin residents often take time to enjoy the great outdoors using snowmobiles, four-wheelers, and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs). Unfortunately, as this pastime has grown in popularity, so has the number of recreational vehicle accidents. Recreational vehicle accidents can result in life-altering injuries, including head trauma or spinal cord injury.
- Nursing Home Negligence & Abuse – If you entrusted your elderly relative to the hands of a nursing home and injury resulted, we want to hold the institution accountable for their actions.
- Wrongful Death – If someone you love passed away because of another person’s negligence or recklessness, you may be entitled to compensation in their name. We have years of experience successfully pursuing wrongful death claims.
What is My Case’s Value?
If you have suffered injury and are seeking restitution from the party that allegedly wronged you, you are likely wondering what your case is worth. This is not a black and white answer, though, as there are many nuances that will need to be considered and evaluated. Some of the considerations will include:
- What damages were lost
- The value of each of the specific damages
- The limits included on your insurance policy
Below, we break down some of the damages that an injured person can pursue on their personal injury claim.
The primary concern for most personal injury victims is how to get their medical bills paid. We can help you pursue compensation from the liable party who allegedly caused the accident. Our team can help you pursue compensation for the costs of your medical treatment that resulted from the accident. This can include:
- Past & future hospital bills
- Doctor bills
- Transportation (such as the ambulance)
- Medical tests
- Medical equipment, such as a wheelchair
Lost Wages from Missed Work
You may also be seeking compensation from missing time at work. If you have been severely injured, you will likely be restricted from performing your regularly scheduled work at full capacity or at all.
In many cases, you will be eligible to pursue monetary compensation from lost wages or salary due to absences from work. In order to prove what you deserve as far as lost wages, you should keep track of:
- Documentation of hours missed
- Your regular rate of pay for the job
- Statement from employer acknowledging the missed work was due to the accident
Pain & Suffering
Depending on the circumstance, your attorney may be able to argue for your right to pain and suffering compensation as well. This could include compensation for physical pain as well as mental anguish.
We suggest that you keep a journal that depicts your mental and physical pain each day following the accident.
Although these are the most common types of compensation from an accident, you may be entitled to other benefits as well, such as damages from your lost earning ability as well as punitive damages if the act was done from a nefarious motive.
Concerned About the Cost of Hiring a Lawyer?
Our Milwaukee personal injury firm handles all cases on a contingency fee basis. There is no charge for your lawyer’s time unless we secure a financial recovery for you. Unlike many other firms, we will advance the costs of your case along the way. At the end of your case, we receive one-third of the recovery you make plus reimbursement of costs.
No matter the circumstances surrounding your case, our personal injury attorneys in Milwaukee are committed to providing quality legal service that maximizes your financial compensation. With more than 100 years of legal service and a multitude of verdicts and settlements to our credit, we have earned a reputation for aggressive representation during negotiation with insurance companies and in the courtroom.
Get a Proven Personal Injury Lawyer on Your Side
After a serious injury, you are likely shaken and confused about what to do next. Our dedicated personal injury lawyers in Milwaukee help you recall important information and develop a legal strategy, walking you through the case from beginning to end. If you deserve compensation, then we can fight tenaciously to get it.
Call (414) 240-1185 now if you need an experienced personal injury lawyer in Milwaukee. We offer flexible appointment scheduling and, if you can't come to us, we can come to you! Hablamos español.