Seasoned Milwaukee Personal Injury Lawyers Stand by Your Side
Helping the injured in Fond du Lac and throughout southeast Wisconsin for more than 100 years
At The Previant Law Firm, S.C., S.C., we are committed to providing quality legal counsel and advocacy that secures financial compensation for seriously injured people. With more than a century of legal service and a multitude of verdicts and settlements to our credit, we have earned a reputation for aggressive representation when negotiating with insurance companies and in the courtroom.
After a personal injury, you may be shaken and confused about what exactly happened at the time of the accident. Our dedicated Milwaukee personal injury lawyers help you recall important information and develop a legal strategy to walk you through the case from beginning to end. If you deserve compensation, we fight tenaciously to get it.
What is a personal injury?
When someone’s careless actions led to your being hurt or to the wrongful death of a loved one, you may be able to recover compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. A successful lawsuit can help ease the burden of medical bills, lost wages and more. The elements of a personal injury are:
Examples of common personal injuries
Our Milwaukee lawyers handle a variety of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents. Incredibly common, car accidents are usually caused by a defect in the car or a negligent or reckless driver. Operating a car unreasonably includes speeding, swerving and driving while intoxicated. Your auto accident lawyer is here to help.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists require a special license. If they act unreasonably while operating their motorcycles and an accident results, there could be personal injury liability.
- Premises liability. The law requires homeowners and shopkeepers to offer a reasonably safe environment for visitors and business customers. Examples of common premises liability issues are broken stairs, slippery floors and poor lighting.
- Product liability. The manufacturer of a product has a duty to provide a safe product or to properly warn consumers about a potential danger. Product liability ranges from toys to car parts.
- Medical malpractice. Medical malpractice cases involve any action or omission by a health care provider that leaves the patient worse off because of the treatment, misdiagnosis, incorrect prescription or omission.
- Catastrophic injury. Catastrophic injury includes brain and spinal injuries. These cases usually involve a large financial award because of the significant effect on the victim’s quality of life.
- Wrongful death. If someone you love passed away because of another person’s negligence or recklessness, you may be entitled to compensation in the name of your loved one. We have years of experience successfully pursuing wrongful death claims.
- Nursing home negligence and abuse. If you entrusted your elderly relative to the hands of a nursing home and injury resulted, we want to hold the institution accountable for their actions.
Contingency fee payment plans available
The Previant Law Firm, S.C. handles all personal injury and wrongful death cases on a contingency fee basis. There is no charge for your lawyer’s time unless we secure a victory for you. Unlike many other firms, we advance the costs of your case along the way. If you or someone you know requires the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney in Milwaukee, contact us online or call 888-513-3592 today and local number 414-875-3955. We offer flexible appointment scheduling and can meet with you in our office, your home or the hospital. Hablamos Español.