Seasoned Milwaukee Employment Lawyers Protect Your Rights
Providing quality legal representation to Appleton and southeast Wisconsin for more than 100 years
State and federal law protects employees from discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, disability and status as members of the Armed Forces of the United States. Employment laws also guarantee leave from employment for certain family and medical events and for some military service. If you are a victim of wrongful termination or discrimination, your Milwaukee employment lawyers can help.
We also handle employment contract negotiation and litigation involving severance agreements and noncompete agreements. The employment law attorneys at The Previant Law Firm, S.C., S.C. have pursued employment claims on behalf of employees in the state and federal courts and a wide variety of other forums for more than 100 years. We are one of Wisconsin’s most trusted law firms. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.
The basics of employment discrimination
Our employment lawyers in Milwaukee work hard to protect workers’ rights. We represent you assertively if you lose your job because your employer discriminates or because you need an extended medical leave. We know the laws and fight on your behalf for employment claims in these areas:
- Disability discrimination: Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, a person cannot be fired for having a disability. In addition, the employer must make reasonable accommodations for the disabled person.
- Age discrimination: The Age Discrimination in Employment Act protects people over the age of 40 from being fired or refused for a position based on age alone.
- Race/gender discrimination: Under the Civil Rights Act of 1964, an employer cannot discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Your Milwaukee employment lawyers file a claim on your behalf if somebody fired you or refused you employment for any of these reasons.
- Family and medical leave: Both the state of Wisconsin and the federal government have acts allowing an individual extended leave from employment to care for a new child, an ailing family member or personal sickness. An employee is entitled to his or her same position upon return.
- Veterans’ re-employment rights: Under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, you are entitled to your same position and benefits after fulfilling your military obligations. If you are a veteran and your employer did not grant your job back or refused to give you the same benefits or salary, contact us today.
Our Milwaukee wage and overtime attorneys also handle matters involving types of employment agreements such as the following:
- We protect our clients’ rights in severance agreement negotiations and if any problems arise after a layoff or termination.
- Noncompete agreements: Do you have questions about the terms of your noncompete agreement? Talk to one of our employment law attorneys today.
If you don’t win, you don’t pay
The Previant Law Firm, S.C. handles all employment law cases on a contingency fee basis. We only charge for your lawyer’s time if we secure a victory for you. We advance all costs during your case. If you or someone you know requires the assistance of an experienced Milwaukee employment lawyer, contact us online or call us today at 888-513-3592 and locally at 414-875-3955. We offer flexible appointment scheduling and can meet with you in our office, your home or the hospital. Hablamos Español.