Damages in a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Milwaukee personal injury lawsuit attorneys
When an injured person is successful in court against a personal injury wrongdoer, the court will award a judgment for the amount that the jury or judge has determined will compensate the injured person for the harm or damages suffered. Generally, the primary types of damages in a personal injury tort case that are recoverable are as follows:
- Any physical and/or mental pain and suffering.
- Past and future medical expenses incurred by the injured person.
- Any lost wages or income and loss of future earning capacity.
- Any physical disability, both temporary and permanent.
- Any loss of value stemming from damage to property of the injured person or the amount of money necessary to repair the damaged property.
- Any other types of provable, reasonable expenses stemming from the injury.
The spouse (and sometimes the children) of the injured person has a claim for loss of society and companionship.